Updated: July 29, 2021
The health and safety of the community and our staff is utmost in our minds. Metro Blooms has determined our occupational risk for COVID-19 to be low risk. We are therefore allowing employees the option of returning to in-person work at our office. Metro Blooms is not currently requiring any staff member to work in the office. We encourage employees to consider their health risks, ability and desire to continue working from home in determining their return to a shared workspace. We are addressing potential exposure risk through engineering and administrative controls as well as safe work practices and personal protective equipment (PPE). We are following CDC recommendations on back to work practices. Please check the Metro Blooms Return to Workplace Plan for more detailed information.
Personal Protective Equipment:
All unvaccinated staff are required to wear masks while working in the office, in the field, at site consultations, or in-person meetings, both indoors and outside, when other people are present or expected to be present in the near future. Masks should cover the nose and mouth completely and fit snug against the side of the face. Masks will be available at the office for staff and clients that do not have their own.
Mutual Aid Resources
Communities are a great source of help. If you need help or would like to provide help, check the resources at Twin Cities Mutual Aid Project.
Safe Work Practices
- Metro Blooms directors will stay informed about the most current CDC guidelines for COVID-19, and will communicate with employees, our clients, and our community as appropriate about any changes to policies, procedures or protocols.
- We encourage virtual meetings with partners and clients whenever possible, though recognize the importance of on-site meetings in relation to landscape design and take appropriate precautions (outlined below under consultations) during these interactions.
- To maintain the safety of our staff, clients, and community, we rely on our employees to self-report any COVID-19 symptoms and to stay home if they have a known contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive, or have otherwise been in a high-risk exposure situation.
- Metro Blooms has installed a new central air heating and cooling system that was designed to increase the efficiency of our ventilation.
- HEPA air filters will be used throughout the office.
Blue Thumb Workshops
Our annual resilient yards workshops are being offered as webinars rather than as in-person workshops. The webinars happen in real time on the Zoom platform, allowing for interaction among the presenters and attendees. Learn more.
Site Consultations and Design
We offer both in-person and virtual consultations of your property. The consults are one-hour long. We provide the virtual consult on the Zoom platform at a reduced fee ($75 rather than $125). Learn more. When our designers visit properties for onsite consultations, they follow safe practices as detailed in our Return to Workplace Plan.
Safe Outdoor Work Policy
The State of Minnesota has implemented comprehensive measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have followed developments carefully as they apply to the green industry sector. We have implemented protocols to protect our staff and the public during our outdoor work. For more information about our safe outdoor work policy, including practices related to travel, use of equipment, personal protective equipment, social distancing and communications, please check our Return to Workplace Plan.