Who We Are
Metro Blooms is a nonprofit that partners with communities to create resilient landscapes and foster clean watersheds, embracing the values of equity and inclusion to solve environmental challenges. We believe that collaboration with community is the most impactful way to heal our earth and we strive to center relationships in all that we do. Most of our work happens in the Twin Cities metro, but through our Blue Thumb education programming and partnership we partner with organizations and residents across Minnesota to create healthier outdoor spaces for people, water, and pollinators. Metro Blooms owns the for-profit Metro Blooms Design+Build, which is a full-service landscape design, construction and landcare company. We coordinate our work across entities for impactful programming.
Education and Fundraising Assistant
This position will work with two primary teams, our Blue Thumb Education team and Fund Development (Fundraising) team. Activities with the Blue Thumb education team will focus on administrative and communications support for Lawns to Legumes, a pollinator habitat grant for Minnesotans that Metro Blooms manages with the Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources. Activities with the Fund Development team will focus on gift entry, acknowledgement, and donor database management.
- Job Title: Education and Fundraising Assistant
- Reports to: Communications + Program Manager
- Status: 10-20 hours/week, nonexempt, at-will
- Wage and Benefits: $22-$25/hour. Benefits include paid time off, holiday pay, paid professional development, family leave, and retirement plan contributions.
- Start Date: April, 2024. The position will remain open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of applicants.
Learn more about the position and how to apply below.
More information and to Apply
Landcare crew members work in the maintenance of established naturalistic gardens of various sizes, completing garden maintenance tasks using sustainable techniques such as pulling, mowing, and smothering. Our crew members take pride in spending time with established gardens, pulling weeds, pruning plants, repairing erosion, and sustaining urban wildlife habitat in gardens and raingardens of various sizes across the Twin Cities. Landcare crew members may also assist with inspections and reporting of raingarden elements to meet reporting requirements.
- Job Title: Landcare Crew Member
- Reports to: Sustainable Landcare Manager
- Status: Seasonal, full/part‐time, nonexempt and at‐will
- Hours: 40 hours per week during the outdoor work season (May – November)
- Rate: $20‐$24/hour based on qualifications. Benefits include paid holidays, paid time off, and paid staff development.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN. Projects occur throughout the Twin Cities metro area.
Find more information on the position here.
Check the link below to start your application.
Metro Blooms celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a positive, equitable and inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We don’t just accept difference, we thrive on it for the benefit and resilience of our employees, our programs, and our community. We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce that promotes the values of equity and justice.
Metro Blooms prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant because of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, or other status protected by applicable law.
The policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law.