At Metro Blooms we strive to make engagement equitable through real relationships, supporting opportunities for silenced voices to be heard, and implementing what we’ve heard from those most impacted by environmental and social injustices. We prioritize partnering with Black, Indigenous, People of Color, renters, and low-income communities.
- Intentionality: We collaborate with local community members and deeply-rooted organizations to plan deliberately for engagement tailored to the communities we are serving.
- Community Power: We support conditions for community members to be meaningfully involved in projects that promote and put environmental justice and sustainability principles into practice. We make sure community members are prioritized in decision-making and goal-setting throughout the entire process.
- Connection: We hold space for neighbors to come together, helping communities feel safer through connection to each other and their environments. We develop long-term community relationships that expand beyond one-time projects.
- Resource Redistribution: We pay the people and organizations involved in our projects, including residents sharing their expertise. We navigate back-end logistics and barriers to support our community partners in accessing. grant funding.
- Our guiding principles in working with multi-family rental communities are here.
Read about our work in SCAPE, a journal of the Minnesota chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects.